Picture from the welcoming party with the people from the Board of Education and school lunch people.
Japanese people get really nice when they are drunk
Wedding in Sapporo
Mountain foliage around Jozankei area
Mt. Yotei at night, there is a little snow on the top if you can see it.
The Hot spring i went to
Weekend Update.
I posted pictures from the school festival on Friday. It was also going on on Saturday but i had to go to training in Sapporo. The kids all really did a great job with the decorations. The plays and stuff were okay from what i saw, but some kids knew the dance steps, and other didn't. On Saturday, i got up early and went to sapporo and got there in an hour and a half. I shaved off a whole hour because no one was on the road at 6 am. Then we had training and i finally got to meet some of the other people around me. They all seemed really nice. I am glad that this company gives such a good support net for us. After training, i went to costco and bought stuff so that i am good for the next three weeks i hope. Besides buying fruit and bread, i think i will be good. I bough a five pound bag of veggies that should last a great while. I got some good deals on granola and i bought some more peanut butter. One for me, and the other big jar i gave to the missionaries. Today i went to church. Then i had lunch at kentucky fried chicken and tried their new, Japanese style fried chicken. It tasted like fried teriyaki chicken but with some sesame seeds and sesame oil i think. It wasn't quite teriyaki, but it was still very good. The chicken here is smaller, which is probably a good thing, because that means the chicken is some sort of genetically engineered chicken-turkey that is fed hormones to make it grow bigger faster. After lunch, i drove home and stopped halfway at the Hot spring in Niki. It was nice, and once you had all your clothes off, being naked wasn't too big of a deal. I have tomorrow off because of the school festival, so i think i will try and go to the Maruyama zoo because there shouldn't be a lot of people.
1 comment:
YAY! I am glad you have posted pics with you in it! That makes them even more fun :)
Post a Comment