Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Two more days until the school festival. I hope it goes better than what i have seen them practice for it. I do think that i heard that in Japan they practice horribly and perform perfectly. While in America, we try to practice perfectly, though when it comes to performance time, we are never quite as good as it was in practice. I hope that is the case here. Today i had class with the third years first period at the middle school. They had a test and i was looking at it. I was a pretty good thing to see. At least i know that mostly everybody tries on the tests, but they still get it wrong. I saw one translation into Japanese for the sentence "bob has an uncle working in America." and he translated it as bob walked to America. it sounded weird in Japanese because they used amerika ni. So he walked to America as his final destination. I thought it should be amerika e. Oh well. Then they still do not seem to be able to correct form modifying sentences. The get them wrong a lot of the times. The sentences were just wrong. I wonder if i could try and help with this some how. After the test, i played pictionary with them, and they seemed to have fun. I could only do it with the 3B class though. 3a would probably not be so energetic to do it. Then i went to the elementary and taught there. It was okay, and i had lunch with the second graders. They were a lot nicer. I didn't get poked as much and nobody like hit me. They were actually like massaging my neck. It was a welcomed change of pace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment