Saturday, October 31, 2009

Yesterday was pretty good. I had elective English with the third years and they did chain stories. They were pretty good and funny, but not too good on the grammar. It was okay. After that i went to Onari, and i was able to teach them about Halloween a little bit. I had them all (12) in the gym and i taught them Halloween, Trick or Treat, and Jack O' Lantern. Then i was able to hand out candy to them. It was pretty good. I just hope none of them get hurt on the suckers. Most of the first graders were the only ones that got a sucker. Class was good and they are very smart. I taught the 2nd, 3rd, and 4h graders. We did the numbers from 1-50. They were very good. But just in general with any ESL class, they had difficulty with the difference between the 'teens and the 'tys. For example fifteen, and fifty. It's only separated by the n sound at the end, so it is understandable. After that i went back tot he middle school for some paper work for work. Then i went to the BOE for a meeting. I had a meeting for next week, pretty simple. He gave me a sheet for the culture festival. Then i received a book on the history and explanation of Jodoshinshu. It should be very good. Then i got a picture from the last party. Today i have to get my tires changed, then i have a Halloween party at the church in Otaru tonight. Should be fun.

No comments: