Thursday, October 29, 2009
Today was a pretty good day. I had classes for five periods and they went okay. some kids just totally shut down in class and do nothing when ti comes to English. I try and help some of them by taking them through the questions, but sometimes, that doesn't help because they just don't want to or think they can't. I have seen a little improvement in some of them, but i just keep finding more of the ones that just refuse. I played in the brass band today after school. The teacher wanted me to join them on the culture day activity where i think they will be playing at the train station for something. I did have a chance to talk to the students. I have really tried to use more English in the classes and outside of classes this week and i think i has been helping a little bit. Another thing i have been doing is learning their names. I know a majority of their names, but some of their names are hard to read the characters for them, but today i think i memorized at least how to read all of their names. Now putting faces with names is next, and then maybe their entire name. But in the brass band, i was talking to them in Japanese- most of them are third years and they are all girls- and i asked them about some things like ho they think of the English teachers as teachers. They said that the third years classes were a little boring, and the second and first year classes were difficult. I guess i should take note of that and use it. Then i asked them who their favorite teacher was, and they said it was the home ec and Japanese teacher- one person, she just does a lot of classes- and that was a little surprising. Tomorrow i am bringing a big bag of candy to the schools. I have the middle school in the morning and a small elementary in the afternoon. I didn't ask if i could because i didn't know how to work it in. But i think i might do it after the weekend for the middle school. The elementary shouldn't be too big of a problem with only 12 kids. I know the schools are against candy but this is for a holiday and should be okay. Otherwise i will give some out at the church party. The thing is that most American candy is too sweet, and guys in general do not like to eat sweet things. Overall, a pretty good day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment