Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cost Co bonanza


The Otaru ward building


In front of Otaru Station


My Favorite donut chain in the world


Sapporo


They had Mariah Carey playing with her Christmas album behind the Christmas trees


The Halloween and Christmas Stuff was like 3 feet away from each other.


A pretty expensive pumpkin, though it was about the size of a large dog.
Today, i got up early and went to church in Otaru. When i got there the missionaries told me that in conference it was announced that Sapporo is going to have a temple built there. They will most likely tear down the old stake center and use some of the other land they have bought around that area to build it on. for sacrament meeting, there was testimony meeting and practically everybody was saying how thankful they are to have the temple only an hour away from them soon. After church, i went to find the Costco in Sapporo, it took me an hour to get to it because the map was a little confusing. But after i got there, i paid 42 dollars for my card and then i spent about an hour shopping. Mostly it was looking, bu i finally found some feta. Though it is in oil and with herbs. I did however get a nice big block of cheddar cheese and twelve cans of cream of mushroom soup. I also got some pizza toast and a big jar of peanut butter. It was okay, but some of the meat prices looked really good like a whole turkey for 30 bucks. That's like American prices. Though i saw some things that were better than American prices. I saw a pound and a little more of mascarpone cheese for like 8 dollars. I thought that was a very good price. They really went all out for the sampling stations, and there were lines for the meat sampling stations. I tried a little wine and was utterly disgusted by it. One sip and i don't think i will ever drink again. I thought i might as well since it was free and to just get a taste of what it would be like for cooking, and i think i will stick to grape juice. After shopping, i just had to get a slice of pizza there. It was so good and so American. They had pizzas in the deli, but they were American size so i did not know how one would actually cook it in the little Japanese size ovens. I guess cutting it into small squares would work. But they had cheese pizzas, chicken and green pepper pizzas, and i think even a seafood pizza. They had tiramisu cake for 16 dollars and cheese cake for the same. I think i will use Costco for holiday food shopping, but not too much because it is a long drive in the winter, i would think. The Christmas decorations were already out. I am really tired now, i can't wait to go to bed. 

2 comments:

Sara P said...

Costco is crazy, huh? We had one near us in Makuhari and it was like a weird American Japanese fusion. They also had a sweet moving walkway you could take your cart on - it would lock the wheels somehow - way sweet.

Aizensowaka108 said...

Awesome. There wasn't a walkway that i saw but there was like maybe one to the parking on the top of the building. It was a really weird fusion. I am just glad that the pizza was american style and that i could get nutella, peanut butter, and cream of mushroom soup.