Friday, December 4, 2009

Today i had classes every period, and it was a nice welcomed change. I had elective English with the second years again, and i guess it's just that all the second years are very quiet. It was a little slow, but i had much better participation, though i just called on people for answer. The elective class with the third years was much better. We sort of had a spelling be, and listening practice. I guess it was good, but i still need to put in more explanation. Then we did handwriting in cursive capital letters for the first years. It took the entire time, but it was nice to be with the first years for the first time this week i think. Then after lunch i went to the high school and that was pretty good. I did not use any Japanese in the class, and they pretty much understood everything that i said. I was astounded by the participation. I introduced myself, and one girl just kept saying throughout a good portion of the intro how cute i was. Now, i feel like when the Japanese say cute they don't mean it as pertaining to looks as appealing, but more of like a kitten and puppy are cute. It feels like that is what kawaii means in all instances. The lesson was pretty good, and i was surprised at the level that everyone was pretty good and there were like no people that were socially detached. The layout for the High school is different from the other schools. The teachers room is on the second floor. And like the rooms are very big with like 8 by 6 rows. It was almost like it used to be a hospital or college. After the lesson, i graded their essays and made corrections on it. The best sentence that i had was this. "Neither roller coaster is especially good at my ejaculation system, not good." I just had to right red marks on ejaculation and write in Japanese, "absolutely never use this word please." Then i changed it. The essays were about their recent trip to Kyoto and Osaka so they went to USJ there. Tomorrow and Sunday is my mini Sapporo Vacation. So it should be fun. Shopping and fun.

No comments: