Thursday, December 24, 2009




Tiramisu Christmas Cake
I got home yesterday and was pretty tired since i didn't get much sleep at the hotel. I went to get my Christmas cake after 12 and it was nice. I have pics above. I chose the tiramisu cake and it is pretty good. About 7 inch diameter. Chocolate sponge cake with the cream and then cocoa powder dusting on top. Japanese food gives me good ideas for things to make when i get back to the states since it is hard to make them here, and to find some ingredients that i want. I still have yet to find any place where i can get fresh cilantro. Some ceviche would be great right now. I also saw this thing in a magazine about using Chinese cabbage and putting like ham and cheese between each leaf after cutting the whole thing into quarters. It looked good to just do that, but then they like baked it and put some more cheese on top. Then i think i have a good idea for how to make like Greek style nikuman. Then i have an idea for like meatball nikuman Italian style. I probably should start making a list of this Japanese-international fusion cooking.

No comments: