Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bounenkai



Last night, we had the year end party for the middle school. It was at the Hilton in Niseko, and was pretty nice. The Hilton was a nice piece of Americana in Japan. They had a nice foyer, and the hotel connected to the lifts for the mountain. They lead to the harder slopes, but still it was right there are the hotel. The food was really good and was served Chinese style on the lazy susan in the middle of the table. The dessert was really good. It was creme brule without the brule really but with honey on top instead. I really enjoyed it. The first party included a quiz game and i only knew like two or three answers. I just couldn't understand most of it. The Japanese sure are a lot more open when they drink though. The second party was at the pub and there was onion rings, chicken legs, cucumbers with wasabi miso, and seafood pizza with wasabi on it. I don't like wasabi, but i am just getting a little more tolerant of it. I still don't like it though. We also had karaoke there. Then we left the Hilton and people went home or to the Green Leaf Hotel. It was okay. There was some more drinking and speaking in one of the guys rooms. It was a nice hour and a half of talking about things like what they do, skiing, and the schools. But then one of the teachers was talking to another about his homeroom class and how they have sort of gotten worse this year comparing them to another one of the teachers there. It was a little mean, but at least one of the other other teachers said that he doesn't think that it's true. Drunk Japanese conversations, what can you say. Then we went to sleep, and i didn't do too much of that. I just can't sleep on a feather pillow. Breakfast was good; it was a Japanese-western buffet so spring rolls and pickles, and miso soup and the likes. I am really tired from it, but at least today i can go and get my Christmas cake and chicken legs.

No comments: