Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Mochitsuki
Today i went to the middle school for planning, then i went to the elementary at Mitsuwa in order to participate in the Mochi making thing they had. it was pretty fun, though overall, i do not like mochi that much. I have just learned to put things in my mouth and just eat or drink them. Tea is more of something that i just grin and bear. I still rather just have cold water. But we made lots of mochi with all the kids there, and i got to join in on the pounding with the hammer. I wonder if you could make like nikuman-mochi. I think i might enjoy that unless the meat just squirts all over you on the first bite because mochi is tighter than steamed bread is. I do not like a lot of the stuff that comes with mochi either; i do not like kinako, soy sauce on it, or boiling them and then eating them. The soup that we had with it today was awesome, and i think that ichimi and tougarashi peppers are about the right spicy for me; enough to stimulate the tongue and mouth, but not going to leave it burning for a long time. I usually make dinner with something spicy every night. I just used the last bit of jalapenos in the coconut curry that i made with the cans of coconut milk i bought at Costco. I wonder if it is premium or low end, because the can was mostly hard and had a lot of the coconut butter, i guess, in it. I guess this means i could use it to make like a cake or something with all that coconut cream/butter on top it would be good to use for a whipped icing. Tonight i am going to go see the mini-volleyball meet at the elementary. It should be fun.I made cookie dough so i can make bags for the teacher during christmas, i made the log and now it's in my freezer. I hope freezing the dough makes ti so it can be in the oven a little longer before it burns.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment