The Karaage i made on Monday. It was pretty good, but now i do not know what to exactly do with the oil per Japanese trash protocol. "Put in caking agent and then soak up with paper towels and put with combustible trash" What? Where the glork do i get a caking agent? I miss garbage disposals.
Day three of the continuous seeming snow fall here on the island that gets its weather from Siberia. The snow was so high this morning that i couldn't close my door to the car because snow was getting in the way and getting compacted. I saw the sun for a little bit today, but it seems like it is going to keep on snowing for the rest of the week. The weather website has avalanche advisories for the area. I guess if it doesn't stop and start to melt by tomorrow, then i will not go to the concert in Sapporo on Saturday. Guess it is better that way, i don't know if they still have tickets, and it was just going to be for one hour. I will have to try and get the band at another one of their "lives"- the Japanese term raibu, for a performance by a band. School was okay and it has been pretty nice this week. I didn't have to prepare any elective classes this week. I have had to prepare flashcards for the third years, but that isn't hard.I have only two days of classes next week, and it seems pretty easy. Then we have the end of year party on the 22nd at the Hilton and then staying at the green leaf hotel. Gotta pay about 180 bucks for it all, but hey, it's the Hilton. I made bags of candy and chocolates for the teachers for Xmas. I will give it to them tomorrow so they will all hopefully have them before the break because sometimes they just take days off, and you never know who is going to do that. I used the rest of the candy i had. Then i had bought ferroro rocher at Don Quijote and a bag of chocolate assortments at Costco. I hope they like them. I still need to bake the roll of cookies that i have. I got my Xmas presents from my parents, and i really liked what i got. It's kind of weird that i am happy to get toothpaste for Xmas, but there is probably a multitude of reasons why Japanese teeth are so bad and i toothpaste might be one of them. I love my snuggie. It is very warm. I put a picture of the Karaage i made on Monday. Then i made pineapple chicken tonight. I can thicken now with cornstarch. I wonder why i didn't get it right before. I feel really stupid. I was a little worried about it thickening because of the Pineapple in it and you know bromeliads. They really like to mess up some protein structures. They tenderize and break down proteins which is why you can marinade meat in pineapple juice and have ham with a pineapple slice. But, you can't use pineapple in Jello because it messes up the gelatin(protein) and it won't set. I do love cooking, and i guess it is best to keep things as a passion and not an occupation. I would like to go to school or take some classes for like pastry making, because i hate dealing with pastry and i sort of suck at it. I would love to do a world cooking tour and go to like some classes to learn cooking in like Greece, Italy, Spain, and India. Xmas will be a little sad this year because i am away from family. but i got a book about German LDS saints after the war, and i can't wait to read in depth about my grandparents. Thank you so much for the presents Mom, frankly, it was everything that i wanted. Toothpaste, a snuggie, and books. So weird when as a kid you only wanted toys, but as you grow up the little daily things are the things you like and want the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment