Morning snow around the apartment
Driving in the snow
Driving in a blizzard
Winter Cheese flavored Doritos
The Christmas tree shaped chip
Today was hatsuyuki, or the first snow, and it was okay in the morning. But then it started to suck really fast. I went to school in the morning and had only one class to teach. I taught the 2nd years elective English and it went okay. The teacher said that the games must be better. Now i do not know what he meant by this. He said that they were paying attention and that he thought it was really good. I did Jeopardy. But i do not know what came next. He said that they knew what to do. But i do not know what he meant that the games have improved and he was using that as evidence, or he said that they need to be improved. Arggh, stupid "must." Ironic that i am having trouble with that word's meaning when that was part of the lesson. I did helping verbs and usage practice for must, can, will, and shall. Then we had lunch and i was able to leave early. I drove up to Kyowa to go to Homac in order to see if they had the mini dehumidifier, and they did. It was about an hour each way. The bad part was that it was shifting between snow and blizzard when i was driving. The weather is so spit-spotty here. it will be raining or snowing somewhere; drive a kilo or two and it stops, then drive again and its a rainstorm. It was like that with the snow today. It just always seems that when weather is predicted, it happens when i am traveling. As soon as i am at my destination it stops, or if i stop somewhere it stops, and then starts again when i start moving. I guess it is special power i have. Every time i travel long distances i seem to bring rain within the first few days, even when there has been a drought of some sort. Maybe i need to go to the middle east one day and try this out. I drove home and then the blizzard happened. The snow continued for like the whole day, just like the rain does. I am guessing i am going to be seeing feet of snow relatively soon.I came home and bought some propane for the tank outside. I did not enjoy filling up the tank. I should have worn gloves. At least i got a mechanized mini gas pump for it. That's the good part about roaming around the home amenity center, i see what people buy and what you actually need for stuff. I didn't know you had to pump it, but i am glad i found it because i could not have poured the 18 liter tank into the one thats 7 feet tall. My hands hurt so bad. I could barely move them. New rule, i only fill the gas tank up in the bright sunlight and with gloves. I just wonder how long the 18 liters will last. The tank is 500 liters, and i think there was about 20 liters in it before. So i hope it lasts a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment