Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Culture day in snow


Snow


Porcelain


Woodwork


All stuff made by the people in the town


Ikebana


More snow

Yesterday was cold. More snow and more snow. It was Culture day and i was supposed to play with the band to commemorate the last run of the SL train express and the station. Luckily, it was canceled. I was worried that in the snow and cold that playing the tuba would get it stuck to my lips. I went to the town center to see all the culture things they made, and i took plenty of pictures. Then i went home and just stayed warm. Today was good. I had class in the morning with the first years. Then i went to the elementary for the rest of the day. it went okay, but since we are being observed on the 20th and because there was a lot of kids missing from that class, we had a different lesson, where they told me to just watch to see if they could handle it themselves. They did pretty well. It was review for the first half, then introduced colors. Which colors such for the Japanese. R and L are hard to distinguish, and all the colors ironically have a R or an L in them- white is also hard because they romanized it usually to howaito so not having the [h] at the beginning is hard for them. Oh well, the neighbor said that the snow would all be gone with the rain by today, and she was right. I guess this means that i need to fill up my tank all the way with propane or at least half or the next line on the gauge. I do not want to spend 400 bucks trying to fill it up with 18 liters at a time. I feel like i am finally settling here and i only went through like one day of the whole hatred phase. I just really hated how boys acted and with all the poking and Japanese TV being so boring, i was just a little pissed, but now i have gotten over it mostly. I just do not watch TV. It is so boring. One show can go on for like 4 hours, and not much happens. Quiz shows suck, maybe just a few random facts, but mostly boring. Comedy shows are not funny. Japanese comedy is based on mostly physical comedy and just stupidity in general. I wonder if they liked the three stooges. When i say physical, i mean really physical. They hit pretty hard, and in any area on the body. Oh well, that is what the internet is for. Can i just say, that i cannot wait for the next episode of Glee. It is such a good series; the music is very good. South Park and the Simpsons are what i normally watch online. Too bad i can't get Hulu in Japan- stupid copyright issues.

No comments: