Saturday, November 14, 2009
On any given Saturday
Rain, rain, rain. Rain is here and has been here all through the night day and evening. I woke up and went to play with the band this morning at the big PTA thing. It was kind of sad, because i wanted to hear the other things that people had there. There was two people from the middle school giving presentations with their entries for the school speech contest. Then there was two people from the high school who gave presentations on what they learned from the international exchange program in Australia. I really wish i could have heard those. But the band left after the opening to warm up. The performance was okay, but i sucked really bad on one song because i had only played it once before and really sucked that time. I pretty much flubbed my way through it. The other songs were okay except for the other new song that i missed the opening notes. The other tuba player wasn't there. I wonder if she is sick or if she just feels weird with me being there. I hope she is just sick because she wasn't at practice the night before, and she was sick two weekends before. I hope she doesn't feel like i am invading her area. The teacher asked me to do it and i am okay with it, but i do not want to do it if it makes another student feel inferior or outdone. After my bad performance, i came home and cleaned and did laundry. I also rearranged my apartment so now i have two rooms pretty much empty. One is the trash room where i store trash until trash days. The other has my clothes in the closet and my tires in bags. I moved my rack for drying clothes in view of my heater so now they will dry faster. It has already worked, two of my white shirts are already dried. It seems like almost all the adults here smoke. I never see the teachers do it but i can tell they do on their breath. At least it seems they all have the ability and wherewithal to handle not smoking until their next break. Very different from most fast food businesses i have worked in. I also brushed with some Japanese toothpaste for the first time today, and it felt a little weird. It felt a little like it wasn't working that well and it was a little grainy as well. I thought i packed two tubes of toothpaste but i guess it was only one. I still have a sample tube and the prescription toothpaste though. Thankfully. I just hope i don't get any cavities here because Japanese dentistry does not do check-ups. People only go in when they have problems. Also everybody seems to still have metal fillings. Tomorrow i will go to church by car. Long Christmas has started in Otaru so hopefully i can get some pictures of a whole bunch of Xmas decorations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please comments. I live for them.
Post a Comment