Friday, February 5, 2010
yeah for the weekend. The snow keeps on coming here, and there has even been ice accretion added to the warnings for the area on the meteorological website. Tomorrow i will drive up to Sapporo for the snow festival and it should be fun. I think on the way i will stop at Jozankei in order to take a bath at the Hot springs there. The first and second years had a test day on Wednesday this week, and we gave the tests back today in one of them. I am just astounded at how low the scores are. The scores for like the national average, or textbook average is 46.9%. Like what the heck is a test doing that has a national average below like 70. 75 should be a good average, and 80 even better. But maybe that is just me. I think if the average is that low then there is something wrong either with the test, or the material being tested, or teaching style. I would be suicidal if i saw like a 9 or 16 on a test in my school, and those are not uncommon scores. The class average was 46.2%. even the highest score was only a 91%. I just wonder if it is English because Japanese people do not really care that much about learning it. I do see that the history class had like 10 people get 100 on the first semester test, and then like 3 or four for the second semester test, and i am wondering what the heck is up. I should try and look at the scores for the other classes. But still, i do not think that a kid gets held back if they fail a class. They may just go to a lower high school or technical school, but still. If the kid fails the first year with like 40's, then how can they handle the second year? I just wish i could instill some hope for the kids. The tests don't seem super hard, but it does seem like it is full of tricks, and no partial credit for writing things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment