Sunday, January 10, 2010


You know you're turning japanese when you make something like this.

Went to the onsen yesterday, and the snow has come back. It has been light and hasn't been too bad, but it still goes all day. Just one more week of my break left. I can't wait for school to start again. I'll get a more varied diet. I like Japanese food, but it is just very time consuming to do it all for one person and make all the little dishes and such. I mainly just go with some starch with chicken and veggies in a bowl donburi format. I should try and look for more sauce recipes, but i think i have teriyaki chicken down, and can do oyakodon as well. Making obento is very hard, and i feel sorry for the shufu(housewives) that stay at home and make all that stuff for their kids. All the tiniest things and such like in almost one bite portions of like 10 different dishes for the lunch box; so tough. I made naan for lunch today and the package was really easy. Just mix 140 ml of water with the package and i got 4 of them done in about 2 hours with the rising and all. I still have to say that i do love the texture and feel of making bread, especially after the first rising. Gotta love the feel of developed gluten. Then i just cooked them like pancakes. The mix smelled a little like crackers when i poured it into the bowl, so i wonder what exactly was in it. The picture above is one of the naan with tuna mayo and shichimi mixed together with some cheddar cheese from Costco, and then some corn i had. That is so Japanese Faux-American style. They usually sell this stuff in bakeries on toast or in bread buns, but i took the fusion to a new level. I also made a pizza with one of them. It was good.

No comments: