Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shopping

today i went shopping for groceries and some other things. I got a steam plate and a pudding cup to use instead of having to buy a whole new pot for it. I am going to try and make nikuman from scratch, so it should be good. I also bought the ingredients for no bake cheesecake. The snow was pretty bad on the way up to Kutchan, but at least it was light out. I stopped for lunch at the Chinese restaurant there. I do like the place, and you get free refills on the rice and egg pepper soup. It is a very good soup, and i really like it. Not much else to do today except for a little housekeeping and such. Next week looks better than this last week. The poor third years this week though had two days of tests, one on Wednesday and another on Friday. I just don't get what having all these tests gets accomplished if there is like not much time in between them to actually learn anything. Also, the curriculum for the third years is done i think for the year. the rest if review or outside learning, so not much paying attention is going to go on. I just don't get what the hubbub is all about when there are like only two high schools nearby for like all this pressure on high school entrance exams.

This is at least better than what i heard the crazy Sen. Buttars from Utah brought up as an idea to help with budget needs. The same guy that said that gays are the biggest threat to American life, even more than terrorists and natural disasters, he said that they should get rid of the 12th grade all together comparing other countries on an 11 year system. As well as using the excuse to say they don't much done anyways and it is all about preparing for college. I can't believe that, see here for the article.


I am personally against this. Just go ahead and let them try and be in college. Some might make it, some might not. The real problem is the education system no teaching enough maybe.

No comments: