Tuesday, January 12, 2010





I made some home made naan today. Just started from scratch with my basic bread recipe. Since it was a very small batch it developed rather quickly. Though, what i like to do is take all the ingredients but the flour and then put the flour in like a couple table spoons or quarter cups at a time and stir it a lot between those so that the gluten develops a whole lot while it is easy. I also made some coconut curry to go along with it. It turned out great. Now all i need to learn is the proper spices and such for like lentil and spinach curry and the likes. The one thing about Indian cooking is that good Indian food has at least like 20 spices or more in it. Sure i used curry powder for this one, but i would like to include other things as well.

I guess i have another bread item that i can make now. I do love to make bread and i have the baguette and french bread down, the loaf is a little more difficult, but i got that down and i can do rolled breads such as cinnamon rolls. But, i guess i need to try to make rye bread sometime or sourdough. My castella- or madeira cake in English i think- is okay, but it can be improved greatly. I would prefer not to touch pastries unless i work outside in the winter. They are so hard to get right. stupid butter melting. I do not even want to try and even make croissants yet; it's way too hard

No comments: