Saturday, September 5, 2009

today i went out and got a new tv. First though, i went and got a picnic onigiri from the machi no chaya to take to the beach. It was pretty good. I have to say that the onigiri in the town is the best i have ever had, especially when it is warm. I love the torikaramayo onigiri. They are the best. So i went up to Minato to get a good look at the beach and stuff. I took some pictures and will post them. The beach was okay but it looked like nobody would swim there because it was a little cold and it looked like there was a lot of litter there. Then i just took the road, well not really a road more of a series of mile long tunnels up to iwanai. It looked like a big city but i didn't do much there, i just drove through it. I went to the daiso and then the Joshin next door to it in order to get a TV. I have been looking for one, but they have been really expense. They mostly have the flat screen ones for the 2011 change over from analog to digital. But i got one of the older televisions for a hundred bucks. And even if i have to buy the tuner it will still be a couple hundred less than a flat screen television. After that i drove OVER, the mountains in order to get back to Rankoshi. Yes, OVER. I went up and around it. I didn't know it would go that way, and if i did know, i wouldn't have gone, though i did get to see and take some pictures of a little kitsunegami. I mean it probably was a Kami anyways by the way it acted. Then i drove down and did some grocery shopping and filled up the tank for the rental car company tomorrow. When i got home, a family a little bit up the path was outside so after i got everything inside i went out to see them and say hello. They are so nice here. Another teacher came over and brought me some home grown tomatoes, and then one of the children gave me a peach. Fruit over here is so big and natural. I can tell because the grapes and things haven't been genetically engineered to not have seeds in them. Then i went home to finish the pizza dough and make it using the tomatoes and some chicken and green peppers i had. I got a pretty good deal on the chicken today, it was only 29 yen per 100g so about 1.50 a lb. normally its been 55, or 99 yen. The chicken and meat here comes with the skin on all of it still, so its easy to take off and the japanese will eat the skin anyways. Its pretty good, but not mixed in with the meat that has been boiled.

No comments: