Sunday, September 13, 2009
Pictures above from when i went to Sapporo yesterday. I went to Otaru today in order to go to church. Boy is it a long drive to get to church. two hours, and today it was raining pretty much the whole way there. It was okay and i understood most of the lessons until i got to sacrament meeting. Then pretty much everything went over my head. I guess it was because it was on disaster prevention i think. I just looked it up and i still don't really remember that much. It is official, it is fall in Japan now. there are pumpkins lining the streets in some places and from the above picture, even the Pokemon company has Halloween items out. I hope this means that there will be a bunch of Christmas displays. Its not really official; i mean i didn't get a memo or anything, i checked. But you just know i guess. The Japanese have said in surveys that i have heard that something that Japan is known for is the seasons, and i guess it is true. There is so many different little fairs and things here for every time of the year. I kind of like it. I just hope that though they do not really celebrate Christmas, that Christmas and winter decorations are huge here. I don't know why but i just like Christmas decorations and the general spirit associated with Christmas. I am not really big on the gifts, and just a note to those who might care, i do not want anything for Christmas. Since i am in another country i think it would be best to forgo Christmas presents, to save both parties massive amounts of shipping money. I just like the red and greens against the winter snow. Oh well, that's just me. I teach at the middle school all of next week so it should be good i hope. I teach the third years everyday, so 3B will be fun. but 3A i can barely get a peep out of them. I hope i am not in charge of the entire lesson like i have for the two previous times so far. With the second and first years i have been the english parrot and made a worksheet so far and that is okay. I just don't know what to expect with the teacher because i haven't really done too much with her, she has been gone two out of four weeks that i have been here. oh well, we will see tomorrow how it goes. Love to everybody who reads this. Stay strong Jennifer, we all love you so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment