Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Today i was planning on going to a hot spring, but then i went outside and it was just so warm. It felt almost like a warm spring day. so i just decided to go driving through the mountains. i tried to get some pictures from my car, but there is really just no good place to stop on the mountain roads and take pictures until you see it and then there is no way to do a u-turn. Oh well. I drove over the mountains and up to Iwanai, a city in the bay. It was pretty nice. I went inside the grocery store just to see if thy had any good things there. They kind of did, they had a bigger selection of things, but still nothing worth going out of my way and buying. Then i went down to the beach and took some pictures. There was a group of fish going up from the sea into a river, and it looked liked they were about to spawn. Though i did see one of them get lost and pretty much beach itself on the rocks. Then i drove along the coast and saw this park with a high Athena fountain. I already posted the pics. Then from there i went up to Kutchan and went to the bookstore to see if anything looked good. It was a recycle comics store, but i did find a set of the Onmyoji comics. I flipped through it and it didn't look that interesting. It had some pictures of some Egyptian pharoahs for some odd reason in the last volume. Then i went to hotto motto for lunch. It was okay. Cheap, but okay. I did buy a Baum Kuchen and ate it for the first time from the grocery. It was pretty good. It felt like if it was coffee flavored, it would have been better. Then i went home and just rested in my new sofa. I am still a little, little sick, but i should be good by Thursday. I guess it was lucky to get sick on the holiday instead of having to take a day off for it from school. I guess you have to be pretty hygienic when you work at a school because kids are just breeding grounds for germs and colds. I will cut back on the high fives, and probably the Japanese to get them to speak more English. Though i just don't see any way around it. it's like they are scared to use it, they do not know the vocabulary probably for the things i want to talk about, and it is just so much easier and faster for me to speak to them in Japanese outside of class. I try very hard in class, but even then, sometimes they just do not get it. It was kind of interesting to see that in the 3A class, the teachers relative who is good at English, the kids would all look at this girl if they didn't know what i was saying, so that was kind of a clue for me to change the way i said things. I still have a lot to learn and teach.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment