Had freezing rain last night, and when i left to get some ice cream, i had to scrape my car. Slow day taking down the decorations and just one class. At least all this week is just half days for me at the school. I am going to Hakodate with a friend this weekend so that should be fun to get out of here and see the sea. I hope that it is warmer there and that there is no snow there. It was nice in January. Lucky Pierrot here i come.
I have much admiration for the American education system, despite it's downfalls. I think No child left behind is bad. At least what i read that Obama was planning on changing was incentivizing the schools that do well, instead of punishing those that don't. I think that would be better. Though the European system of trade schooling/college split after middle school seems like a good idea to me. Though you would have to work out the ages, and probably change middle school to four years, or elementary to six. One big thing that i wish they had here was choice. Everybody takes the same classes and there is no choice in the curriculum for the students. Only the clubs are the choice; and they have to stick with the same one the whole year, meeting with the same one everyday.
I just wonder why they do not offer other language courses in the least. Korean, Chinese, and English would be good. But then they wouldn't have the teachers for it. I also would at least like some sort of review help for the slow kids that really need it. I don't think that anyone fails a year, but with the average score on tests in the 30's-50's, i just feel bad for the kids. If they don't get it the first year, then they won't get the next years. I would like to help them if i could. But i doubt that i would ever be able to do something like that. even for free.
No comments:
Post a Comment