Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Been having half days for the week, and that is the plan for the rest of the two weeks left. I don't know about what the next year will look like yet. There might be a English teacher change but they do not know yet. Five of the teachers are either retiring or going to different locations. I just wonder how often this kind of thing happens. It seems like that looking at the sheet about the principal's teaching career, it was like staying at the same place for like 2 years or so and then going to a different location. I guess they get tenure, but not at the schools. I guess that would also mean that teacher's placement could be decided more by the Board of Education rather than the actual schools.

I know that living here without familial ties would be hard though. One of the teachers is leaving and told her class today and some of the girls were crying when they came to English class. Like some really bad crying for almost the entire period, but not that much moaning. I feel bad for them, but "goodbye is not the end."

I can't wait for the long weekend. I hope it is warm in Hakodate. I looked at the weather report and it looked at the very least that it will not snow, but maybe some rain. I just hope that there is no slush down there, and hopefully some foliage. I have three more classes left in the next two weeks.

I have been watching past episodes of Bill Maher's Real Time on the internet, and i personally like the show. I did like his documentary film called Religulous. It was very insightful. Though sometimes he does come off a little mean. Though it is just Sarah Palin that he loves to insult. But hey, she gives a lot of material to rip her on. At least with the show, the panel discusses political and social matters, and the people are very knowledgeable about the topics on the show. Like former senators, ceo's of companies, authors, and some actors/comedians who are very insightful and well-versed in the matters.

Still snowing here. Arara, when is it going to stop?????????

No comments: