Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This past weekend was sort of fun. The concert was excellent, though it was just a mini-concert since there were three other artists performing. I loved Kibaco, and the music is different live. You can feel the rest of the instrumentation, though sometimes it drowns out her voice. I only stayed for one of the other performers, and she was okay, but seemed like another manufactured artist. She even sang part of a song that she didn't even plan on doing, so i was like "what the? who is in charge of the music? shouldn't this have been planned?" She also sounded like she was a little auto-tuned, or at least she had a non-live back up track with her.

Sunday was slow and spent at home, cleaning and getting rid of food and spices in my cabinets. I sold my games and books for about 20 bucks this weekend and bought the sixth Harry Potter book and an Ayn Rand book about Capitalism for a dollar each. Man, i love Japanese recycle and used good stores.

The kids at the school are getting a little restless/ansty. The two third year kids are usually causing trouble, and this week isn't any different. Another fight about words or something and a second year doing some judo moves maybe-i could be mishearing or something- and the English teacher was in the middle stopping it and was absent from the next class, so i was there with the special helper teacher just checking the papers because all the classes are doing review sheets now.

The weather isn't too bad, and i took friday off to just do things. I guess i might try to sleep in but i guess i will have to clean and start throwing out clothes and other stuff. It looks like i am going to be spending a lot of money in order to just leave here. By the time i am done, i will definitely be in need of the vacation in London.

Yesterday, the computer club made some snowmen and snow candles. I didn't take any pictures of the snow candles, but i did of the snow men. I joined them and made my own snow man. I tried to be a little more artistic and made a snow sculpture instead. I have pics, and he turned into a Milo de Venus looking thing. Pics will be uploaded later. For some odd reason it is just so hard for me to get the will to upload the pictures from my phone.

On a sad note, i recently found out that my Great-Aunt Colleen as just passed away this past week. I really admired her, and i was sort of fond of her. She was a real trooper and always nice to her sister(my grandmother). When i spoke to my grandmother, she just said how much a of a help and support that Colleen had been when she just recently lost her husband(my grandfather). She was a dancer well into the final weeks of her life and always had a sort of vigor and life to her that no one would expect from someone of her age. She was always teaching at her dance school, and i admire her for it. She will be missed.

No comments: