The people from the Hokkaido Board of Education came today to observe a class, and it went okay i think.. I tried not to use any Japanese for the first year class that i taught, and thankfully the very loud child in the class was very conservative today at the prodding of the teacher before class. Not too stressful, but then they are talking about me in a meeting right now, because they came to see how exactly i was being used in the classroom. Then earlier this morning the English teacher and principal were talking about how it would be easier to directly hire me from the town, and i think that could be a welcomed change. Though i would feel like i would have to work harder if that happened, though maybe they would use me more. Though i would feel bad because i only want to stay for one more year after this, and to be directly hired and then quit would be sort of bad for me i think. Oh well, they probably won't change it anyway.
I spoke to a really good friend of mine for two hours last night and it was nice to talk to them again, because it has been about 5 months since i had talked to them last. Then after peering at the journal file that i have been writing in periodically for the past years or so, i have seen how much happier and how much i have grown. Even in the past few months i noticed a physical change in the way that my writing looks. When i started it would be just text with no separation between paragraphs or anything; it would be very hard to see any type of flow from it. But now, i have paragraphs and indentations and i am trying to use much more complex sentence structures, so i guess i have matured a little since college.
I have begun revamping my own writing system to make it a little more better put together. I have come up with two modes, a more block style one and a cursive style. I am pleased with how the cursive style turned out. My interest in tweaking it was piqued again after looking and surfing on omniglot.com. I love the site and it has loads of information on the writing systems of the world. I have included some examples below.
No comments:
Post a Comment