Monday, April 12, 2010

Well, last night i finally found out what my heater sounds like when it runs out of kerosene. It makes a loud clicking sound. I am surprised that i haven't experienced it till now. I am having to use the heater less and less, but i still do like to turn it on. I am finding that i like to sleep in warmth. That will change when it gets hot here. I will have to have my fan running all night.

Today there was another teachers meeting so there were no classes after lunch and no clubs.

I looked up some information on the Japanese grading system in schools, and for compulsory education, there are grades, but 60 percent is passing. Though they do not really seem to matter as far as making a kid fail or keeping them from graduating at all. It's all about the tests and exams for the entrance into high school and college. Not many of the kids grades that i have seen in class exams and such would allow them to have A's or B's.

The snow is still melting here, and for the first time in 5 months or so i will not have to walk on top of the snow to fill up my kerosene tank outside. I hope i can lift the full 18 liter tank up the five feet or so to fill it up.

No comments: