been a while. This week has been long and semi-boring. I have slept in and done some other stuff. Today i went to the Otaru aquarium. I will put pics up later. It was the usual Japanese animal place. A little sad and the animals were sad too. There was a turtle that had one of its arms cut off in an accident before it came. Then a lot of the seals and sea lions had gashes on them probably from boat propellers, and some of them were blind. Then there was even a place to fish there. I bet that the would even have sushi there if they could get a good source. I went to a kaiten sushi for lunch and that was pretty good. Then i went to Wing bay and looked around. I went into the book store and looked at some stuff. Then i went to the grocery store there and found some good deals i guess.
The weather has become better. Yesterday we had rain, and when i drove to Kutchan last night the roads were all foggy. Much more fog than i have ever seen before. Then today was great warm(er) sunny weather. The aquarium was right on the beach front so you could see the sea, and the view was pretty nice, even though the park was a little sad.
I just have this weird feeling like the whole concept of cuteness in Japan distances them from the actual object. Though i like going to zoos, i always feel sad for the animals and such. It is like, well, without humans being in the way in their natural habitat, they wouldn't need to be in those places. Ah yes, the zoo paradox.
The new year starts soon, though i don't know just yet when i go to school for the first day since i don't have my schedule. I might have Monday off, but i ain't planning for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment