Saturday, August 15, 2009





Today we just went in to work for a little bit. We saw some videos on good and bad examples and i feel okay about teaching. I sent my bags off to Hokkaido and i won't get them till Monday night. I have the clothes in my carry on bags for the plane, but i just hope they do not mind that don't have my clean inside shoes for the first day. i will not have Internet for i don't know how long, so this will be my last post for a while. i will still keep a record but it will be posted on all once. for lunch i went to an Indian lunch buffet. It was pretty good but it was very spicy. they did have this pretty good tomato and coconut chutney that cooled it down a bit. the naan was pretty good as well. After sending my bags when i got back i went to the Ueno Zoo. It was a lot better than the other zoo i went to last year in Kyoto. The animals didn't seem as sad nor were they in such small enclosures. It was pretty good to see everyone all there for the holiday weekend. After the zoo, i wandered around the Ueno park for a bit and found a nice shrine to the Ueno Daibutsu. It was pretty nice, but it think it was even cooler because it had Bonji (梵字) on it, which is basically Japanese Sanskrit characters used in Buddhism. I think it was cool that i could read some and connect the seed syllables to the Boddhisattvas. Then i came home and went to the market for dinner. I wish i could have gone to the Egypt exhibition in Yokohama, but that is just too far away for now. I just love to learn to read. Reading is okay, but learning to read (other languages) is just very interesting and fun. It allows one to get into the minds of the people and see what kind of processes go on in their minds when they speak their own language. Korean Hangul is interesting and pretty brilliant in and of itself, but the language itself is just a little hard to make it so super beautiful. Tomorrow i am off to Hokkaido on a domestic plane. it should be fun, i can't wait.

1 comment:

RYAN AND JEN said...

Looks so cool there!! I wish I could come visit and you be my tour guide