


Today was another day of training. I still woke up around 5 o clock in the morning due to jet lag and stuff. I went to bed at 8 or so so i got a full night. I stayed up to hopefully get myself on the right schedule tonight. Training involved more Junior high and high school lesson plans and layouts of what to do. We have to do a demo lesson and mine is for grade on animals and food. I feel okay about it so far, i did some planning for about 45 minutes or so. I wanted to try Old Macdonald, but felt that it would be too hard for them to try it as a demo. I ate pretty well today. I did not have any Japanese style food. I had Italian style for lunch and dinner. Surprisingly it was pretty good. For lunch some of us went to an Italian place called Grato near the work building. It was pretty good. I had a Caesar salad with duck confit, and chicken and spinach risotto. For dinner i had a bolognese and wiener sausage spaghetti. I want to go out for curry, Indian style, some time soon. Japan is a pretty good place for high class restaurant food i think. Talking to the other non-Americans in the training group, they say that Japan has pretty good prices on food at the restaurants; though, i still think that the food here in restaurants is pretty expensive. Japan is a place of Japanese people; unlike America, there are barely any racial minorities so Japanese people do all the work in Japan for the most part. The effect that this has on them is pretty interesting in comparison to that of America. In America, it is common place for minorities and immigrants to take "lower-class" jobs and this adds to a racial separation in America and sense of racial ranking i guess in some ways. But in Japan, Japanese people do all the jobs from construction to restaurant work to everything in between and more. I think this is good for the people because i find this sense that Japanese people will work and have honor for any job that they do and others fell that way in the country, which is kind of different in America. I just can't wait to finally get to a kitchen where i can cook though. I have looked around the grocery stores and i think if i use Japanese native ingredients that i can cook pretty well at not a very expensive price. western style items are very expensive here. Its like 4 bucks for a few ounces of peanut butter here, and i am going to miss big roasts of meat that i could buy cheap and use the whole week. Meat is very expensive here in Japan.
No comments:
Post a Comment