Thursday, August 27, 2009

8-16
I am now moved into my new apartment. It is just so big that I just don’t think that I am going to use two of the rooms that I have. If I find out that I can have guests stay in my apartment, then I think that I could have like two other people comfortably. We still have to share one bath and toilet, but they are separate so it wouldn’t be too big of a problem. I would just need to go to the next town and get bedding. I spent more than 100,000 yen today and I feel okay about it, but I still do not like to spend a whole lot of money in one day. I guess that means that I will have a hard time buying a house one day. I met Mr. Shinya at the new Chitose Airport and then it was a two and a half hour car ride from there to shopping and my apartment. He was a really nice guy and spoke English very well. Then when I moved in I met another teacher I think her, Mrs. Sawada. She let me “rent” her heater that she wasn’t using. Then I met on of the Board of Education and his family, Mr. Kobayashi. He and his family lent me a chair, a table, and a computer desk. I am just so shocked at how nice these people are here. With all this giving of things, I hope I do a really good job. It kind of makes me feel a little uneasy taking all these things, but I just feel like I can never say thank you enough to these people. My apartment is far beyond what I was expecting. I am getting it at a very cheap rate per month, and I hope that with utilities it is not that much either. I am thinking that with the price of my apartment being far different from what I was planning, I can save a lot more than previously thought. As I said, my apartment is huge. I have a 3ldk all to myself. That is two rooms of 4.5 mats size, one of 6 mats, a large living room, and a kitchen of great size, a bath, and a toilet. The only thing I hope is that I do not get too lonely here in this practically family apartment all by myself. I can’t wait to start work tomorrow. I went driving tonight, and it was a little weird. I don’t know if my rental car and my real car are going to be different. It had a rear view camera when I was backing up and had gps as a factory installed option. I have to remember to drive on the left side and to use the right side for turning signals, because I turned on the wipers twice trying to turn.


No comments: