Sunday, August 30, 2009
Today i went to church in Otaru. I was surprised that they actually had a building there set up. I was expecting a small little building or some place that was rented out and did not have a sign or anything. There were some missionaries there so at least i know that there will be some people i can speak English and have them understand fully with in Japan. Its about an hour and a half drive if there are no cars slowing everybody down. There are usually only single lane highways here in Hokkaido and people will go slow, very slow, like 50 or 60 kilometers and hour. Only in the cities do two lanes exist, though sometimes there are fast and slow lanes on certain sides of mountain passages. I came home and did laundry and made dinner for today and tomorrow. I am really glad that i bought this laundry hanger stand where i can put all my clothes on it and have it inside and let them dry for two days. I finally got some bleach today and it was very weak. It was almost soapy. It didn't have any smell like regular bleach and was clear. I got some on my hand while i was pouring it into a bottle from the bag, and it was on there for about a minute while i emptied the whole thing, and it didn't burn at all. I washed my hands after and no problem. I guess i probably need to get a TV, just so i can have the news and have some more japanese practice. My japanese is okay for right now, but it really needs some improvement. The thing about the mormon church in Japan is i think they have kind of anglicanized Japanese. I can understand a whole lot more, and i notice people use englishized japanese a lot more. Like Bishoppu and purezento when talking about the gifts from God. Oh well, at least most of the Hymns and the early version of the Book of Mormon are in classical Japanese.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! Church will help you make new freinds there too :)
Post a Comment