Today i was able to play and move around with the preschooler/toddler class that i teach at the local library. It was fun enough. I did animals and 1-10 with them. Moving around like a camel on the ground or a cat, then beating my chest like a gorilla to coincide with the book by Eric Carle that i read to them was basically what that entailed. I usually i don't know what a better term would be but "make a fool of myself" regularly in that class. I guess act like a clown and entertain the kids with actions that i would never want to do in an adult public is a good description. It was fun.
I have been applying to grad schools and have nearly completed two and have two more i will apply to in the next week or so. I am waiting on transcripts, informing references and requesting them, and then i got a copy of my diploma today. So just transcripts and support statements are the big things to deal with. It isn't looking too bad, and since it is faster than it would in America. On top of that, the requirements are not as bad as America's, meaning in short i do not have to take the GRE. I only need references and transcripts and since most of the entry requirements state a minimum 2.2 or 2.1 degree from UK or the equivalent, i am good since my GPA equates to a grade 1 degree in the UK. But as an international student i would be limited to working only 20 hours max(or face deportation should any tiny overage occur in any week) a week; as such, i will have to looking to funding, grants, and scholarships. I should have 7 or 8K saved after the move and such home. I hope, but i guess maybe i should just take the Japanese yen out and wait till i get to the UK to exchange it to avoid exchange rates and weak currency issues since the yen exchange to pounds than the dollar to pounds currently.
I worry about my financials a lot, but i do have to consider some things. One, i am in a much better place than most other people-i do not have any current debts thanks in large part to the help i received from scholarships and working during college, but even more so from my parents, thank you so much- and i should just consider this to be like an average person's loan and stuff for college, except mine will be for grad school and i will have a lot more employability compared to a college grad when i finish. The only downside to going to the UK is the job market for an American. They hire from the UK and then the EU first. Thus, the company has to search all the other places and only if there is no one can somebody outside of that area be considered for employment. Man i wish i was married to a Briton so i could be a dual citizen and enjoy all the benefits of both. Well, that and being married to a person i love, but i digress.
The snow continues, but hasn't been as heavy lately- meaning that there is some blue skies and sun during the middle of the day now. I am ready for a weekend of sleeping in.
No comments:
Post a Comment