Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today is one of those days when you just want to stay in bed all morning until noon. The cold i have going is not helping that feeling go away at all. I guess that is just one of the things that you have to put up with when you work in any school- the constant onslaught and attack and exposure to germs and bacteria. I just hope that i will not get anything else before i go to London.

The weather has finally stopped with its four inches of snow in the past two days. I don't know it might be more or less, i think i have begun to forget American measurements and have switched to metric in my head. With all the snow outside, it sets the perfect stage to just listen to Xmas songs until the season is over. Parties and end of year get-togethers have started as well.

I used that song in class, though i guess i could have prepped the kids a little more for it, but it was a little loud at first, but most of the kids just cupped their ears and put their heads down. I guess that music is a little tricky in this kind of school atmosphere if you are trying to connect it with grammar.

I think i am going to try and become a pescetarian and try to just have fish when i cook at home. Last night's dinner was good. I had the leftover bean and pumpkin curry that i had made for the Thanksgiving party this weekend. That recipe that i have made for it is just absolutely wonderful. I think the best part is the pumpkin in it. I just boil the crap out of the pumpkin and beans and add some onions, garlic, ginger, and a bunch of spices. After it is done cooking i might mix it with a hand mixer, but this time there was no need because it had just cooked down so much. It was really good. Then i had some fish with my faux-jerk seasoning and some inarizushi with Tabasco. Winter has come and the time of soups and stews is upon my town. All these hotpot dishes will be good.

No comments: