Monday, October 22, 2012

Japan -> USA -> UK

Well, it has been a long time since i have done a blog post. I have spent a year or so in good ole' USA making money and helping people with their oxygen. Gratefully, I was able to save up a large amount of money to be able to fund my studies in the UK.

London is great. Though people do not exaggerate when they associate London with grey skies and rain everyday. The only error with that is that it should be every week, not everyday. i mean there are sometimes when it isn't wet here.

I am enjoying my classes and find no problems with the course load so far. I am a little worried as i haven't done any actual assignments for my classes just yet, but they will be coming this week or next. Hopefully reading week will be a time to have fun and go out on the town. But i will have to study and try and stay within my budget.

London does have some Japanese stuff going on in the town. The Japan Festival a couple weeks ago was fun and the food was good. though i do have to say the okonomiyaki I made the night at home was a little better and a lot more affordable. But takoyaki is one delicious japanese-style pudding- which i know a little more about puddings after watching the Great British Bake Off. I had the opportunity as well to go to a good Japanese in Anime and Manga class at the Japan Foundation and look forward to the translation classes next month as well. The link to the Anime/Manga website is below.

http://anime-manga.jp/

Paris was a wonderful trip with Harry before school started. But i do have to say I am glad i finally went to the Louvre and had a croque Madame. I got everything i wanted to do done in Paris. only took 2 days and then i was ready to leave.




Now to start another week and do my best in the great city of London!




No comments: